the not-so-melodramatic life that i have ever since the world began

Tuesday, June 08, 2004

I am nothing special; of this i am sure. i am a common woman with common thoughts, and i've led a common life. there are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but i've loved with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.

i read this from The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks. it struck me so much that every word of it was like an arrow penetrating under my skin. if ever i would be given the chance to have my life be written as a novel, surely it can't be a lovestory. i have yet to find someone that will leave my tale with the line "And they lived happily ever after"... neither it can be the drama series with the same old whining and *sobsob* moments because of a heartrending episode or even letting me have the ultimate cry-me-a-river scenes from start till ending. i could not even imagine myself dipped in a chick flick teeny-bopper style that seemed to set up the trend of the new kids on the block. i have never been that fashionista to influence style or be the grand epitome of the highschool/college icon. never have i lived my life in shimmering limelight, or even care to share a momentous event that can somehow be the movie of the century. haha. simply put, it is about my LIFELESS and ORDINARY journey of living.

but then again, it's all about love... AGAIN! i'm becoming a bore, but it lightens me up and gives me that bright bright future when i have this four-letter-word in my grasp. as what people have been saying, i am quite idealistic with it. true enough, i really am, thinking that with love, everything seems to be perfect.. not necessarily implying that there's no negativity to pull it down, but it just tries to push life towards a three-fold-utopian dream.. a life to lift you up to serenity.. the love to keep you wide awake, escaping the monsters in your dreams.

i want to have a life that when i look back, may it be the happy or sad, a tragedy or triumph, bulakbol or pa-goody ones, i would love to bring them back and say that i have made a signficant one that has changed my life and others as well. i am not aspiring to be a HEROINE, fighting crimes, trying to save the world. or even a historic figure to be remembered and put upon a pedestal.. i want to be remembered as someone else.. still thinking what few words would i like to be carved in my tombstone..

bwahaha. death. it scares me though.. so i guess, i have to end this now. i'm falling asleep... *bog*

[get this widget]

1 comments:

nheo said...

my tombstone would prolly say "the man who never found himself".

anyway, if you really want to make a difference then you must be willing to take that leap of faith. =p