Where my migraine takes me

Saturday, August 26, 2006

I was having a mild attack of my occasional migraine. For a moment, I hesitated to take that pill to kill the pain. I was trying to locate where the throbbing comes from, but my entire head started to feel a little numb.. Then I felt a drilling pain somewhere around the temple area.. then at the back of my head. I am beginning to feel nauseous more nauseous that I couldn't bear it any longer. So I took the drug and laid my head to rest. I am now a slave of my migraine.

Through these times that I am having some cranial disorder (I seriously do not hope it would get any worse), I usually find myself completely caught up in a state of unconsciousness. My imagination starts to wander -- to a possible future, a regretful past, a recurring past, a distant past, a disturbing present, a sweet present, the wanted present, a wishful future, a dreaded future, a promising future. My mind brings me to places as though I have been warped in a time zone or immovable from time.

Tonight, as I drugged myself to an inevitable pain I get when I have been doing nothing (my body is now allergic to lame afternoons), I have wandered aimlessly into the world of pure imagination. When I am physically immobile due to an almost suicidal pain, my head has been busting itself, roaming around, carrying in itself in what seems to me as a time capsule... Incidentally, the medication seems to have metaphorically done its job.

[get this widget]

0 comments: