Friends - as they are

Sunday, August 13, 2006

I picked a fight some months ago. No, it was not much of a childish fight or a brawl for that matter. It was a tensioned conversation which led that person into telling me that I am far-off okay and that it's not a big deal if we're not friends with each other because I have a lot anyway. So when did having a lot of friends become a reason for losing one?

Anyway, this person is still a friend of mine. Hehe. Although, things have started to be a little feeling off this time, we're friends. We talk, but not often, now. Okay, digressing.. My point now is people see me with an amiable persona. I can easily be at ease with people (well, not all... that depends on the other person) and I don't have much problems getting to know more people and them getting to know me. I am not saying that I do not have enemies. Maybe I do have, but that I do not know. Coincidentally, there was one weird lady who came knocking on the gate and asking if she could have a short conversation regarding her some sort of Catholic mission. She was telling me some things that I didn't pay attention because she was a total stranger. She was asking me things, that out of respect, I answered with minimal information divulging. Anyway, when she was about to leave, she asked whether I was working or studying. She told me that I should be careful with my working environment because there are some people that are against me. And where did that come from? I did not entertain that idea, besides the fact that she is a stranger and I do not believe in HULA (she was claming that she was a MANGHUHULA as well). Erm, okay, so I did entertain that subconsciously. It made me think after a while, but nonetheless I just dismissed the idea because if ever there was anybody who have issues with me then I don't give a damn. Just as long as I am going along well with these people that I work with, and I know I am not a bad person (am I? speak up! hahaha!), then it is nothing. My real friends will bluntly tell me if they are not good with me. Unless somebody tells otherwise?

So again where am I? Of friends. I have a lot of friends. Really. I am not bragging (they say the fact that I did say it, it is actually bragging. So I am bragging but not in an arrogant way, but in a proud way because they are my friends:)). I have friends back in HS that I am still seeing every-so-often, if not everyday in YM (hehe). I have known them since I was in pre-school and have been friends, as in really friends with them for eight years now. We go out on weekends, watch a movie, hang-out, go to the beach, celebrate christmas parties, birthdays, been on the worst days, crying days, happy days, falling apart days, phone calls, conferences, videoke nights. Oh man, we've been thru alot. Next to family, they are the closest to me. They just made me feel what the cheesy catch phrase Friends Forever mean. Seriously. And we are looking forward to the next event of our lives. Weddings. Who gets to marry first?:P

I have a friend, Bom, whom I've spent the same school for 12 years, but just got been really close when we were in 2nd year highschool. We belong to a different set of barkada, but we never lost the closeness of our friendship. We do not see each other often (uhm, like once a year?:P) but when we do, it is as if we've been seeing each other everyday. She's always present on my birthday (well except for last year I think. So she spent 7 birthdays with me:))There's just so much to tell. So many stories to share. We never ran out of things to say and so much to catch up. Maybe that's what keeps us being really good good friends. We're like sisters. Hehehe. She never gets tired of listening even if I talk about the same person after two years:P And so is she. I never get tired of listening to her stories with the same person for nine years as well. Hahaha:P So call it quits. Harharhar! We just love talking:P

And my college friends. There are since-first-year-college friends. And the since-third-year-college-friends. And the college-friends-turned-officmates friends. Hehehe. College was a different thing. A bit more serious, but more fun and exciting and adventurous. There's more in everything. More baon:D, more professors, more subjects, more overnights, more problems, more friends, more gimiks, more experiences, more problems.. MORE OF EVERYTHING! College has really wrapped it up with our THESIS. Thesis was the culminating activity. But it was as if those days were the true college days. It encompassed what college means to me. All the stress, tears, pain, sacrificies, fun, fun and fun!!! And now that were not in college anymore, we still have our tagaytay trips. And our occasional dinner-outs.

And the final set of friends that I have gained, to date, are those which I have spent the worst times at work, the best times at work (there is?! seriously?!).. my movie buddies. my bora buddies. my friday dinner-out buddies. my ever-reliable taz-trans companion:P my teammates. my college-friends-turned-officmates friends which are there on trying, crying, and rejoicing times:) my ex-officemates-turned ym buddies. my jologs-movie buddies. my breakfast buddies. my blog buddies. my batch2004 buddies. These buddies coincide with other buddies, meaning that every person may be in other buddies list:P They can be in all. Hehehe.

And so I do have a lot of friends, don't I? They say that there's also the downside part of it. I am not talking about it. Heck the reasons to the negative side of it. I love them. I love you all. And even if I have alot, I do not wish losing any one of you. Not even a single soul.

[get this widget]

2 comments:

lil superman's mum said...

Has it been 9 years? 8 years lang ah. Official count is 6 years. Pero kung unofficial, mukhang 8 years.

At ikaw, duuuddde, 2 years is a long time! Act on it na kasi! Hahaha =)

I love u back! And I promise I won't miss your bday this year =)

P.S.
I can't seem to post a comment dun sa season-ender of Grey's Anatomy mo =( I was just gonna say - Dr McDreamy already got me in "Sweet Home Alabama" (siya yun, diba?), even more so sa Grey's Anatomy! Grr! Napupuyat din ako (as if we're not tired enough!) diyan! Pati sa HOUSE! Watch House! Maganda rin, it's more comedic than Grey's.

Ang haba ng comment ko! Anyhoo, gawan mo naman ako ng blog skin! I love yours kasi eh! =)

Anonymous said...

hehehe oo nga ano. hindi ko alam kung bakit. grrr. hehe. next ko na ang house:D uulitin ko lang yung grey's kasi yung ate ko nahuli sakin, gusto nya sabay kami sa house. hahahaha.

anyway, my mistake. 8 nga lang:P sorry! hahaha!! sa blog skin, copy lang ako sa web eh.. hehe. sige, when i have time, hanap kita tapos try mo;)