Goal!

Sunday, July 09, 2006

The world cup has been such a craze. Although I do not include myself in that crowd boo-ing and yey-ing and ooohh-ing everywhere (Makati has plasma tv's around and starbucks had their shops full with all sorts of "fanatics" - pseudo or genuine ones), I can't help not to pay a closer look to the said ball game when I get the chance.

But I only gave myself a blank stare. Except for a moment of "arrgh", with a bit of frustration that they can't get a hit over that net-bordered goal. I am but a standing pole, with arms crossed just below my chest. Or sitting on the side of the bed, with a slouching back. Harhar. Anyway, what brings me to this post of this football game is the thought of these two teams hitting GOAL.

One time we were watching WC in Redbox, Greenbelt (while my HS friends are losing their wits finishing their last order of beer-all-you-want's), really felt super frustrated that they can't kick the ball to the goal. I know it's hard, and super tiring. They've been running back and forth the entire football field for how-many-minutes (that i do not know:P) and they can't get a score. 0-0. And now, as always, have applied to life in general:P Well for me, I have been trying to set my goal (short or long-term that is) and still I haven't set it up. I've been working for two years now, running back and forth with my life, and I can't get a HIT. Until that time, my friend have set her "goal" in life. And has been urging me to set my own too.

I have not really been "goal-less" this 22 years of existence. Of course I had my own before. And my life hadn't been a waste, in fairness to myself. Hehe. Life's a blast, although a part of me is suddenly going down. Now I have crossed the line of so-called "maturity" stage, I should, by now, know what I want to do for the rest of my life. And now I came to realize the dreams that I want to pursue. And the life I want to live. But until this moment, I just have to build it for now and come reaching it slowly.. but surely.

Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

[get this widget]