City of Blinding Lights

Tuesday, June 06, 2006



I have been travelling this same route for about six years now. I got used to heavy traffic, crawling from taft to alabang-zapote road for one and a half hours to two (if lucky, I'd be able to sweep it in less than an hour). But, despite these long years, I still have been relentlessly complaining and hating this CITY. I have even formulated my INFINITE Reasons why I hate travelling in MANILA.
1. Freaking jeepney drivers who makes Taft Avenue their parking lot
2. Stupid jeepney drivers who waits until forever to have their jeepneys fully occuppied (an 8-seater that turns into 10!)
3. Lousy jeepney drivers who, either beats the red light or waits for the second red light to beat (having a chit-chat with fellow drivers. Man, namiss nila isa't-isa?!).
4. Stupid bus drivers who wait until forever to have their bus fully occupied. and what I mean with fully occupied is when EVERY SPACE is totally impenetrable. Ni-hindi mahulugan ng karayom.
5. WEDNESDAYS which should be a HOLY day in Baclaran, but a total nuisance to my projected 1.5 hour travel.
6. Unprojected time travel. You can never tell. Really.
7. Awful smell when the bus starts to open its doors at Baclaran.

I wish our office moves some place in Makati. Hehehe. Selfish reasons though. But, I really do hope we move so I can just ride one shuttle away in Landmark.. and breeze to home in 45minutes. Without the hassle of jampacked buses. And lousy drivers. Without the cockroaches. With a breath of fresh air.

Some things seemed to have remained as they are. Most things around me are still the same. But the feelings have changed. The people around me have changed. So am I. TBC..

*Photo taken at 7th flr DIB. Courtesy of SEW900i;)

[get this widget]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
» »

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... Xxx squirting clips Argus eyewear