crowning glory of nuisance

Sunday, August 08, 2004

had a bad hair day?

i haven't been blessed with the oh-so-lovely-shiny-jet-black hair... that follows to every move. (singing to that tune..) even during my infancy, through my toddler years, i haven't got straight strands.. like what my psych prof told me during a discussion when we're asked to bring pictures when we were kids, he called my hair as Ben Wallace's.. and reinstating it by calling me 'cute' to compensate that understatement (bletch!). during my gradeschool, i had curls that looked like those of swiss milkmaids. it wasn't that awful (or maybe it was), but it wasn't great either.

as i stare at the mirror yesterday, sitting in that chair that was supposedly built to treat you and pamper you for a moment, i look at myself being sordidly combed through my not-so-manageable hair, and blew with hot air to dry after a relaxing shampoo over the sink. *one of my natural high's, having my hair nursed and caressed by combing it through. (i love it when somebody sweetly brushes through my hair.. sacred that is. hehe) after about 10 minutes of pampering, voila! how i wished my hair was always treated that way. but i don't have the luxury to do that. no time, and i am lazy to tend it ;) but i loved it then. i wished it stayed for a lifetime.. haaay.

anyway, to my big frustration of having it stayed that great (at least i thought it was!), i went to the salon today to have it cut. (btw, i had the license to haircut since we're finally over thesis) but, again (as always), i found myself regretable about having it chopped (like grass, it was too parched and dreary! like dessicated coconut). i am no bush, but a hairy button mushroom sprout. hahaha. oh well, i cannot do anything about this anymore. i can yak the whole night, and blame that lady-scissorhands for having me look like a capped- fungus. oh well, i just have to wait for two more months to regrow... but now i promise to give myself that simple luxury of having a better crown to glory... to win someone's heart? haha. naaah. i'll be winning it for myself.


[get this widget]

0 comments: