Tender Juicy Hotdog

Saturday, March 17, 2007

a real great loss.

it still haven't gotten into my nerves that, finally, he has come to leave us. the last day didn't feel like the last. maybe because there's just this feeling that it won't.

again, we had just lost one of the key persons in our team. i must say the he is really a genius. in all aspects in life. i admire him for his potentials, achievements, capabilities, intellect and most of all his passion for just about everything he does. who would have thought that in such a small built contains a gigantic heart and mind?

to tell you honestly, the first impression wasn't at all impressing. i got hired first. so when he was being toured and introduced to everyone, i thought he was a fresh graduate. he was a bit vertically challenged, and i had the feeling that i was taller than him (but in most cases, men just really seem smaller if i can look at them straight in the eye. and in most cases, i'm wrong:P). he looked like a probinsyano, na parang "bagong luwas ng maynila". hehe. sorry!!! see how judgemental i can be:P i thought of him as a bit shy type and meek. maybe because i never really got around into talking to him for about a month due to trainings. although i was a bit confused why he wasn't attending any. there was just this one training that he attended (i think it was UNIX) and our mentor said "hindi mo na kelangan to e, bakit andito ka pa?!". then, on that day i knew that he is on his late twenty's! i never had the slightest idea that this man has been busting himself to work for nine years! from that day, he became our "kuya" who would let us copy his case study. hehehe...

we became seatmates during our training. knowing me, who has a very short attention span during meetings, he always reminds me to keep focused. "huy makinig ka!". hehe.. eventhough he knows that i don't listen, he still guides me whenever i'm lost:D he still entertains my questions even if he's very concentrated into listening to our blue-nosed trainor. hehe. he's the bibo kid and the favorite student of all our trainors. he's not the pa-bibo kid. he's just that. without even trying..

thru all these years as teammate, i am fully convinced that this man is really a genius.

Carlos/Kaarlo, Carlo for me, has been a great friend and colleague. Within more than two years of seeing each other everyday, I have come to know the man that he is. We never had a hard time getting along with him. Funny, serious at times, joker most of the time, which is why we're having a hard time distinguishing what he is at a certain point in time. hehe. What I have realized from him is that he is a very patient man. He does not waste time and energy thinking of bad thoughts, having bad feelings, but diverts himself into doing something good. I have never seen him or knew of him having ill feelings towards others. He always sees the good side of everything. Positive thinker:P He also has a giving heart. He would give everything he can to help anyone. He is passionate with everything he does. As husband, that he provides everything that his wife needs. As a colleague, that he fulfills and exceeds expectation from his job. As a friend, by simply being there when you need him.

I will surely miss this bibo kid around. I will miss my seatmate during lunch. I will miss one of my south buddies. I will miss his kakulitan. I will miss his quotes. I will miss his stints.. his antics. simple pero malakas ang dating. I will miss his strums in the guitar. I will miss the very few driving-moments of his life. I will miss him. Carlo, cheers to your new found journey. I hope that path leads you to yours and Rona's greatest dreams. I pray that you may be able to fulfill all your plans.. and that you may find more growth, happiness and peace in your new career. I wish you the best of luck, and may God bless you even more. You deserve nothing but the best. Please do keep in touch. I would love to hear from you, more so if the news is about Carlos III. Hehehe. I'll see you around. Kampai!


[get this widget]

0 comments: