The Lakehouse

Sunday, March 11, 2007

"How do you hold on to someone you've never met?"

I've been pinning myself to watch this movie since last year. I was just able to download a copy last month, and I got to finish watching it just now (in several installments). Hehehe. I finally decided to watch the entire film this weekend.

I am not sure how, or should I say what to react. Maybe because I really didn't get the chance to watch it with someone (hehe, other people's emotions count:P) or in one sitting. Or I had this notion that they made it in silverscreen after the local version of Il Mare came out (Moments of Love (?)). Tsk. Anyway, in general I like the movie. More than the fact that it's Keanu Reeves (waaah!) and Sandra Bullock tandem, the love story was heartful. I love the theme of putting faith into love. Or love into faith. Or loving with faith. Or faithful to love. I am amazed, eventhough cynical to the idea.. or doubtful (then again it's fiction), of them crossing paths. I was teary-eyed being on that part when Kate had that "chance" to really meet Alex thru his brother. And then I came flashing back those events and said to myself "waaahh, it was him!!!" :(( I do not tend to overanalyze movies, (some might have predicted that to happen..) and just wait as the movie rolls and the story unfolds. And when it came to that scene, man, my tears were really on the verge of rolling down my cheeks. The movie was great. I'd love to see this again. In one sitting, this time.. even better with someone (who will cry so I can. Hehe)

I know we'll meet. In time. I trust that the Lord will bring me to you. I am not sure if I've met you or you've met me. Or we could've bumped into each other, or been in a sandbox once upon a time. We may have that "lakehouse" that connects us. Somehow, someday, we will realize that we've just been separated by time. Eventually, our paths will cross and by then we'll know in our hearts that You and Me are our the ONES.

[get this widget]

0 comments: