The Love Series -- 1. the Love Letter

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I was supposed to rant about a miserable day it had been for me. But instead, I would like to keep myself from being bugged by 'language barrier' (:P) and misunderstood for nothing. Since it's the start of the 'love' month, might as well go with the flow. :">

So let me start these series on how a 'love' story begins.. from a 'love' letter. (Excuse my single quotes. I just have to punctuate that word for some reason).

How young were you when you first ever received that intricately prosed 'love' letter? (or how old?) How many were they? From how many persons? I just can imagine it the first time you received your first love letter. I am sure that the first one you ever received is still with you. Even if that person is not the one you are with now, or that person was never with you, you still have it, don't you? If you're still unattached, you've been reading it once in a while. The first letter you've given, I bet you still remember how many times you drafted it before giving it out. Or to whom you did consult if your grammar were correct. Or maybe, even the last lines you wrote down.

I read that letter from you, again. I can still remember that day.. My heart just leaped out of my chest. The moment I got hold of it, I knew it was from you. You never told me you will, but somewhere in my heart, I knew you would. I opened it the soonest and read it as fast as I could. It wasn't a novel and it wasn't that short even. However, I had to read it again and again (as fast and as many times as I could) until your message gets into my nerves. I wasn't at all paying attention to what you've been saying, but I just wanted to read it and feel that it was you talking to me. And alas, when I got back to my senses, I fully understood every word of it. And that I am grateful, the same way you were, that I had you.. As my friend. As more than just a friend but not greater than the thing called 'love'. It was not clear, but it had never been any clearer than knowing that you were there for me and I was the same way (and I still am, I have to say). I was for a moment lost for words and didn't know how to thank you enough. I could have never been thankful for every word. I can never be thankful enough, than to keep it still with me. They are very much still with me. And as I read it back, it just brings all memories, as if today was the moment.. the first time I read it.

[get this widget]

0 comments: