don't you just love surprises?

Sunday, September 07, 2008

i do. i really do.

Google defined surprise as:
the astonishment you feel when something totally unexpected happens to you
is a brief emotional state that is the result of experiencing an unexpected event

the best thing about surprises is the very thought of someone prepping up the whole thing to make it a "surprise". stirring it all up to formulate the element of making the "surprisee" (if there's such a term) slack-jawed... awed by sweetness... with an ecstatic aura that is impenetrable to any other emotion besides happiness.

and the best thing about putting up a surprise for the "surpriser" is seeing the "surprisee" jumping for joy:)

and i tell you a fairy tale i came across today... a letter from the princess to her prince.

To My Dear Prince,
I am still in an unsurmountable state of trance... It is as if you are near me. So close to me, that I can hear your heart beating. That I can smell the scent of your body. That I can feel your hands touching against mine. My heart cannot contain this certain kind of emotion, inexplicable with words, that is filling my entirety.

You, being away, never felt so long than any other journeys you have taken. The deep, dark woods may have drifted you apart from me. But the skies have always kept me reminded that we are still under the same canopy of stars. And reassured as I am today, you did not fail to make me feel that the world will never cease to revolve until we meet again.

In great fervor, despite the unrelenting summons of forlorn, I relish this moment that I can feel you near me. The huge foliage intricately donned over the patio, with flowers abloom shouting in loud hues and beaming shades, astounded me as I woke up in dawn. Thank you, my prince, for this symbolizes that our love is blooming as in spring. The scent of the morning has brought me that kind of certainty that you are nearing. And to my utter surprise, there was something more. A gift..wrapped in carnation pink, ribboned with an old rose lace. With a scroll tucked...scribbled with a letter from my prince. And now I cannot stop myself from pursing my lips with utmost joy. You have never failed to make me feel close to you in despite.

Grateful. Thankful my Prince I am now to you. For keeping your love enclosed in this universe. That our love is not bounded by land nor ocean. That it is not forgone as you have in my land. The promise of your return comes close as I close my eyes to sleep...

I await for your return. I send my love and blow kisses to the wind hopeful that they may reach you. Keep safe. I love you for eternity.


[get this widget]

0 comments: