on baking

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Last saturday, my everdearest nagger mother woke me up 9 o'clock on a crisp summer morning. That is for me to cook lunch. What is? LUNCH. My sister who use to prepare the dish was out for work. My mother will be out as well, going schools all over the city for my youngest sister's transferral. My sister, next to me, is not to be trusted with the kitchen so it's on me (I will be out for a lunchdate with friends, one who will bitch out about med school! haha!). On a side note, I am saddened that my sister's transferring because that's my Alma Mater! For 12 freakin' years!!! I so wanted her to feel that pride I felt when I graduated. And with loyalty, I must say I cannot find any other school that can be far better than my Alma Mater. Hahaha. *digressing.....* Anyway, back to cooking lunch.. I was asked to cook "bulanglang" (for those who don't know, it's a veggie dish -- sabaw na nilagyan ng luya, with matching kalabasa, sitaw, sigarilyas, and fried tilapia. I so love this dish, but I don't know how to cook it!!! I was given directions, put this, put that after this, after that.. But I really dunno what magic spell they recite to make it taste like... FOOD! Hahahaha. After mixing and matching. I still ended up having, erm, nilagang tubig. Or piniritong tubig. What a waste. Hahaha. I dunno how they were able to rectify it (I was out for lunch:P), but I saw that the bowl of soup was there lying on the dining table. Meaning somebody ate it:D

Having said all that crap, I am now convinced that I could've been better in the kitchen if I was a baker:P Hehehe. After watching Stranger than Fiction (which is recommended. Life is short:D), with Maggie Gyllenhall baking cookies, I am inspired to be a baker. Hahaha. Something I can imagine myself doing besides typing and staring blankly at a monitor. Hahaha. FYI, no expertise whatsoever. My only baking attempts are the Macaroons we usually do during Christmas and New Year... which I'm proud to say always sold out:P hahaha. Only (!!!), I forgot the recipe because it's my sister's. Hahaha.

I'm planning to have a session with a colleague who will teach me some "baking skills". More than mixing with a spatula:P do I have a bright future in this? Well, definitely brighter than cooking lunch!

i do know how to cook spaghetti, though:P

[get this widget]

2 comments:

k a r e n said...

Ay naku! I suck at cooking. I only know about 5 dishes in total... I want to learn pero I just don't have the time nor the energy to do it. Haaay...

Anonymous said...

hahaha! i remember back in highschool days medyo marunong ako eh. do you remember i celebrated my birthday nung 2nd yr tayo dito sa house and i cooked spaghetti then we had ice cream? haha. nanood pa tayo ng devil's advocate. hehehe.