Milestone #001: First Anniversary

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Quite nearing 22nd year of existence, it had been thought of putting down important, more so -- significant milestones that occur in my life. So let's just start with this..

First off, i had been corrected that it is grammatically incorrect to say "First Year Anniversary". It is redundant since "anniversary " already defines a year. So it has been noted. Thanks;)

Celebrating my first year in my 3rd "Second Home" was nothing much but an ordinary day. It was a usual Tuesday when I came on time (just like my first day last year:P) and sat on my cube starting to read mails and checking for tickets that I have to work on for the rest of the day. I have greeted two of my colleagues the same greeting I gave myself the moment I woke up, and those I have received since I got into the office. I was wondering if they felt the same thing I was feeling that moment on. Well, there's really no big deal about it, but I was just thinking if they were as quizzical as I was, pondering on how time flew so "fast". Or were they thinking that they had to "celebrate" their first year. Or are they "rejoicing" because they've got one more year left and they are (we are) broken free from the ball and chains. Or they are just simply "happy" and "contented" with what they have now, and thankful that they have WORK and THUMBS UP people to work with... Well enough of what they were thinking. I didn't even bother to ask. Guess they were thinking of it themselves and wondering the same way I did.

The first year may not be as extraordinary or did not shower brand-spanking new experiences to this so-called life, but I have to say that they were great. Really, time flies so fast. I came to meet alot of people, know things about other people, discovered alot about people, have analyzed the eccentricities of each person, have come to accept people as they are, no matter what. Precocious that I was/am, I have learned alot in a year.

Time:
1 month pretending to do something, and awaiting exactly for 5:30 to strike, racing against the door for dismissal. Trainings that seemed like so schoolish that I have missed.
8 months of imprisonment (with benefits:)) in the conference room made the bulk of the year.
3 months of "real work" came rummaging thru the core of "production"

People:
More than 80 people working in one floor
Six trainors
One "dad", one full "brother", and the rest are my half "siblings"
12 goofy teammates
one "odd" "Boss" (I had to put it in separate quotes since they had different connotations)
More than 30 "newbies" (dancing 80's, 90's and present).
[Those people that have gone in and out within one year had been more than momentous to call it a milestone.]

Place
One cube that I came populating with trash, and that turned to be the "water station"
One floor to which people spend more than 8 hrs
One sad looking bldg (because of its gray color) with poor elevator, and weird tenants from the lower levels (wish I can stalk at Kris Aquino by chance)
One way that I got to travel (in 2 hrs at max and 45 mins at min) for 5 years and counting

I have bought, received, lost, gained, gave, thrown away alot of memories and experiences. Some were firsts, some might be the last, some should be the last, some hopefully may not be the last, some may happen to be the first, some may not happen at again, some I never expected to happen, some I dreadfully wished not to happen but did, some I wanted to happen and did happen, and some just happened.

There's just too much in a year that happened and could not be compressed in one post. Glad that I am here. Aand after a year, I guess I have to say I am ready for one more:)

Evals coming up next week. Keeping my fingers crossed. My heart is thumping so fast.

[get this widget]

0 comments: