When you wish upon a star

Sunday, February 11, 2007

I cannot remember the last time I had been under the canopy of a myriad of stars.. But last night was a sight to see. I had a panoramic view of the sky.. unscathed of any impediment in the horizon.. clear, despite the darkness of the nightfall.

More than the fact that I was amazed of the gazillion stars twinkling, the sky stunned me yet again with a blink-of-an-eye-appearance of a shooting star! In my twenty-three years, it was the first time I came across this heavenly body. No, I wasn't able to make a wish. I was so stunned.. then one minute I came telling everybody of the shooting star I saw. I forgot about the wish. I came waiting for another, but to no avail.. My eyes were drooping to take another chance.

The moon was also a stunner. The half-moon, lined with a red shade, hued with a bit of sepia.. It looked a bit sad. It was not with the stars, as if making its own time to shine.

It amazes me to see these so clear, that I do not have to take a flight up to the penthouse.. or to be impossibly in a city without an edifice to hinder me in enjoying the view.

[get this widget]

0 comments: